Aware of the major impact of the economic activities of our company on the global environmental and with the mindset of “Environmentally-friendly corporate activities focused on conservation and reduction of the Impact on the natural environment,” we supply ultrasonic application equipment that contribute to the sustainable growth of society and make efforts to realize harmony with the environment.
1. Manufacturing to reduce Impact on the environment (Production)
1) We promote smart technologies (such as realization of downsizing, light-weight and modularization) to supply environmentally-friendly products.
2) We address resource saving and energy saving as well as environmentally-friendly manufacturing.
3) We promote recycling to reduce waste.2. We proactively implement training and awareness-raising programs to ensure compliance with environmental laws, regulations and ordinances. (Compliance)
3. To promote independent environmental-conservation activities, we set environmental objectives and targets, conduct regular reviews, undertake environmental pollution prevention initiatives and implement continuous improvement of our environmental management system. (Environmental conservation)
4. We make every effort to maintain communication with the relevant government agencies and local residents of Toyohashi City and other areas to realize “harmony” and “coexistence” with the local community. (Local community)
Established on October 1, 2005
Revised on October 1, 2015
Revised on October 1, 2015
Honda Electronics Co., Ltd.
Aware of the major impact of our company on the environmental of the economic activities, we recognize that “conservation of the global environment” is one of the most important aspects of our management activities and implement activities to conserve the environment, with mindset of “Environmentally-friendly corporate activities focused on conservation and reduction of the Impact on the natural Environment”.
Moreover, the reinforcement of environmental regulations and legislation governing products including the EU WEEE and RoHS Directives (*1) has given rise to a growing demand for corporate social responsibility on environmental issues such as measures to protect the global environment and compliance with laws and regulations.
From this kind of circumstance, in order to reduce the impact on the environment through the supply of products and services, as recognizing the extreme importance of promoting measures such as appropriate management at the procurement phase of environmental-related substances used in raw and other materials required in production as well as shifting to substitutes with less impact on the environment, we promote green procurement.
Currently, we revised “Standard for Green Procurement of Components and Materials” on procurement of raw and other materials to comply with changes in laws and regulations as well as the demands of society and our customers, and implement green procurement activities focusing on the chemical substances contained in such materials and resources.
We respectfully ask for your understanding of the “Standard for Green Procurement of Components and Materials” established for the purpose of compliance with environmental laws and regulations, as well as your cooperation of the examination.
*1: WEEE and RoHS Directives
Abbreviations of directives to regulate environmental measures for products issued by the European Union on February 13, 2003
The Waste of Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive promulgated by the European Parliament and European Council
on waste electrical and electronic equipment
The Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive to restrict the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment promulgated by the European Parliament and European Council
on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment
[The new RoHS Directive came into force on July 21, 2011. The former RoHS Directive [2002/95/EC] was abolished on January 3, 2013.]